"I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. 7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people." Philemon 1:6-7 (NI V)
The great commission says "go into all the world and preach the gospel..." (Matt. 16:15.) So someone once said, that means you should either be going or your sending. By "sending" that means partnering with those who are on the field with financial and prayer support. And every little bit helps! The Mission's Team raises funds and distributes them to local and distant missions. Your tax deductible gifts are greatly needed and appreciated. If you would like to give to the general fund with our Missions Team at New Life, please make checks payable to New Life Christian Fellowship and include information in the note line that it is designated for Missions. You may drop them into the offering bag during our worship service, mail to the church office, bring to the offices of NLCF.
Other ways of helping are becoming involved in the various fund-raising activities by purchasing merchandise or tickets, donating usable items when needed, volunteering your time at these events, etc... We at New Life love our missionaries, so listen for upcoming events and ways to donate.
Personal Support for Missionaries
When you give financially to a missionary and their work, you are giving them more than just money. You are giving them an opportunity to do God's work without worrying about fund raising. You are partnering in their ministry just as if you too were working alongside them. You are giving them peace of mind and a firm foundation on which to rest so they can concentrate on what God has called them to do. Please see the Missionaries we support and pray about how you can serve God by blessing them with your prayer and monetary giftst.
New Life often has fund-raisers and events that raise money for our missionaries, youth or other outreaches. Please consider signing up to help with sales, tear down or set up, buying things, selling things, and being Christ's hands and feet to make a successful event.
Our local Community outreaches can, also, use supplies, donations, financial support and your time. Volunteering to help the needy in our own community is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have..
The greatest gift you can give a Missionary is Prayer. Prayer is the beginning of all God's work and this is evident in the lives of those who serve him in the mission field. They need your prayer support! Please pray from the heart and with the Holy Spirit, but here is a little something that can help you begin praying for missionaries:
- Love for God (For them--that their love for God is central, not just be caught up in the work of God)
- Genuine Love for Others (Love for other workers, those in authority, their supporthers, those they are serving...etc...)
- A Deeper Relationship with God (Continue to work on their own Spiritual walk, daily time in The Word and Prayer...)
- Spirit Controled Lives (To be filled with the Spirit in every aspect of their lives--motives, will, emotions, thoughts, actions...)
- Fruit of the Spirit (Pray that all the fruits will be evident so that Christ is honored and will draw people to him.)
- Wisdom and Knowledge (In all things, pray they seek the Holy Spirit for wisdom and guidance, help them be Christ's representatives to those whom they serve)
- Courage (Pray for God to give them appropriate boldness to share Christ.)
- Receptive Hearts (Pray that their timing and patience coincides with God's to reach those who He has prepared to receive Him.
- Disciples (Pray that they raise up others to follow Christ and make disciples)
- A Strong Faith (Pray against disillusionment and for deep faith in God's abilities.)
- Steadfastness (Pray against discouragement and for purpose.)
- A Strong Family (Satan wants to break up those who serve God, pray for strong family and friend relationships)
- Protection (Prayer is needed for protection against the plots of the enemy who wants to steal, kill and destroy.)
- Material Needs (Pray that God will supply all their financial and material (as well as emotional) needs that they can serve effectively and for the length of time God desires them to.)
- Health and Strength (Pray that the Lord will grant the measure of strength and health which will bring him the greatest glory.)
Adapted from material published by North American Baptist Conference Worldwide Outreach